Installation - self-hosted client + HOSTED websocket server
How to install (self-hosted BlaB! WS Pro client, websocket server HOSTED on our servers - $10/mo)
- Login to your console with the provided via email credentials, generate an ACCESSKEY and start your websocket server. Sounds unfamiliar? It's only 3 clicks: GENERATE » SUBMIT » START (screenshot)
- Download BlaB! WS Pro (client) from our support center and unzip the files in an empty folder e.g.
- Upload the folder
/mychatto your server with an FTP program and CHMOD
config.phpto 666 and
- Navigate with your browser to
YOUR-URL.COM/mychat/- the install will start automatically.
- Select install type: blabws-server-pro hosted on another host (our server hosting service or elsewhere).
- Step 1: submit Server URL, ACCESSKEY and ProxyPass Token - copy/paste from your ws server console » Help
- Step 2: submit MySQL host, user, password and database name.
- Step 3: create your admin account (username, password, email etc)
- The installation script (step 2) cannot create a MySQL database and a MySQL user for you. You have to do this from your hosting panel. If Cpanel - Cpanel » MySQL databases. MySQL host is in most cases
- CHMOD means to change the permissions (Read, Write, Execute) of a file or a folder on a Linux computer. You can do this easily with an FTP program - right click on a file or a folder and look for File permissions. Most FTP programs provide a field to enter a numeric value.
Page updated: 2021-10-05