Integration with Joomla
Before you begin
- You are supposed to have BlaB! WS Pro installed and running in standalone mode.
- Make sure that BlaB! WS Pro and Joomla are installed in the same database.
- The best place to put BlaB! WS Pro is under Joomla so that BlaB! WS Pro is able to read Joomla session or login cookies:
website.com/forum/» website.com/chat/(might work in some cases)
forum.website.com» chat.website.com(will NOT work in most cases)
- GOOD: website.com/forum/ » website.com/forum/chat/
- GOOD: forum.website.com » forum.website.com/chat/
- A common www issue: if you login to Joomla from www.website.com BlaB! WS Pro will not be able to read Joomla session cookie if loaded without www and vice-versa. If possible set relative links only. A solution with a .htaccess file for Apache - Google Search.
- The MySQL table prefix of Joomla can be seen from phpMyAdmin. Alternatively, use Adminer which is an excellent one-file MySQL manager.
- The easiest way to determine the name of the required login/session cookie of Joomla:
- Login to Joomla with Chrome/Chromium
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open Developer tools » Network » press F5 to reload » Select the 1st URL » Cookies
- You'll have a hint what to look for in the instructions below.
- How to find a cookie name (This one is for WordPress, the process is identical): YouTube Video
- In case you login to both: Joomla and BlaB! WS Pro your BlaB! WS Pro login is preferred! Since you are most probably logged in as SuperAdmin when you adjust settings in BlaB! WS Pro AdminCP use another browser to test the integration.
- Have you read carefully
Before you beginabove? All clear?
- Go to BlaB! WS Pro AdminCP » Integration and set:
- Bulletin Board or CMS you want to integrate with: Joomla
- Session or other cookie set by your BB or CMS: the Joomla session cookie name is a 32-char string, something like: 5905b59801563a43aa3b7c722d3942ee (the content of the cookie is another 32-char string; you need the name)
- Joomla MySQL table prefix, probably: jos_
- Review the other variables and SAVE
- Go to BlaB! WS Pro AdminCP » Groups and click on Delete and link groups.
- If the integration variables are set properly, and you are logged onto Joomla, you should be able to enter the chat directly with your Joomla username.
- How to embed BlaB! WS Pro in Joomla:
- Go to Joomla » Administrator » Menus » Main Menu » New » New Wrapper:
- Wrapper URL = the URL of BlaB! WS Pro
- Scrollbars = NO Width = 100% Height = 500px
- Title = Our Chat
Page updated: 2022-10-05