Integration with phpBB
Before you begin
- You are supposed to have BlaB! AX Pro installed and running in standalone mode. How to install
- Make sure that BlaB! AX Pro and phpBB are installed in the same database.
- The best place to put BlaB! AX Pro is under phpBB so that BlaB! AX Pro is able to read phpBB session or login cookies:
website.com/forum/» website.com/chat/(might work in some cases)
forum.website.com» chat.website.com(will NOT work in most cases)
- GOOD: website.com/forum/ » website.com/forum/chat/
- GOOD: forum.website.com » forum.website.com/chat/
- A common www issue: if you login to phpBB from www.website.com BlaB! AX Pro will not be able to read phpBB session cookie if loaded without www and vice-versa. If possible set relative links only. A solution with a .htaccess file for Apache - Google Search.
- The MySQL table prefix of phpBB can be seen from phpMyAdmin. Alternatively, use Adminer which is an excellent one-file MySQL manager.
- The easiest way to determine the name of the required login/session cookie of phpBB:
- Login to phpBB with Chrome/Chromium
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open Developer tools » Network » press F5 to reload » Select the 1st URL » Cookies
- You'll have a hint what to look for in the instructions below.
- How to find a cookie name (This one is for WordPress, the process is identical): YouTube Video
- In case you login to both: phpBB and BlaB! AX Pro your BlaB! AX Pro login is preferred! Since you are most probably logged in as SuperAdmin when you adjust settings in BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP use another browser to test the integration.
- Have you read carefully
Before you beginabove? All clear?
- Go to BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP » Integration and set:
- Bulletin Board or CMS you want to integrate with: phpBB
- Session or other cookie set by your BB or CMS: phpBB session cookie, something like: phpbb3_XXXXX_sid where XXXXX is unique for your installation
- phpBB MySQL table prefix, probably: phpbb_
- Review the other variables and SAVE
- Go to BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP » Groups and click on Delete and link groups.
- If the integration variables are set properly, and you are logged onto phpBB, you should be able to enter the chat directly with your phpBB username.
- How to embed BlaB! AX Pro in phpBB:
- Install the official phpBB extension Pages
- Create a new page with the following content (check parse HTML):
<iframe src="PATH_OR_URL_TO_BLAB/index.php" border="0" frameborder="0" style="width:100%;height:400px;border-width:0px"></iframe>
- Select Page link locations and Display page: Yes
Page updated: 2022-10-05