Integration with vBulletin
Before you begin
- You are supposed to have BlaB! AX Pro installed and running in standalone mode. How to install
- Make sure that BlaB! AX Pro and vBulletin are installed in the same database.
- The best place to put BlaB! AX Pro is under vBulletin so that BlaB! AX Pro is able to read vBulletin session or login cookies:
website.com/forum/» website.com/chat/(might work in some cases)
forum.website.com» chat.website.com(will NOT work in most cases)
- GOOD: website.com/forum/ » website.com/forum/chat/
- GOOD: forum.website.com » forum.website.com/chat/
- A common www issue: if you login to vBulletin from www.website.com BlaB! AX Pro will not be able to read vBulletin session cookie if loaded without www and vice-versa. If possible set relative links only. A solution with a .htaccess file for Apache - Google Search.
- The MySQL table prefix of vBulletin can be seen from phpMyAdmin. Alternatively, use Adminer which is an excellent one-file MySQL manager.
- The easiest way to determine the name of the required login/session cookie of vBulletin:
- Login to vBulletin with Chrome/Chromium
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open Developer tools » Network » press F5 to reload » Select the 1st URL » Cookies
- You'll have a hint what to look for in the instructions below.
- How to find a cookie name (This one is for WordPress, the process is identical): YouTube Video
- In case you login to both: vBulletin and BlaB! AX Pro your BlaB! AX Pro login is preferred! Since you are most probably logged in as SuperAdmin when you adjust settings in BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP use another browser to test the integration.
- Have you read carefully
Before you beginabove? All clear?
- Go to BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP » Integration and set:
- Bulletin Board or CMS you want to integrate with: vBulletin
- Session or other cookie set by your BB or CMS: something like bbsessionhash
- vBulletin MySQL table prefix, probably vb_ or nothing
- Review the other variables and SAVE
- Go to BlaB! AX Pro AdminCP » Groups and click on Delete and link groups.
- If the integration variables are set properly, and you are logged onto vBulletin, you should be able to enter the chat directly with your vBulletin username.
- How to embed BlaB! AX Pro in vBulletin 5:
- Enable Site Builder: login as admin, top/right corner EDIT SITE: ON
- Select NEW PAGE » Static HTML » Title: CHAT; Module HTML:
<iframe src="PATH_OR_URL_TO_BLAB/index.php" border="0" frameborder="0" style="width:100%;height:400px;border-width:0px"></iframe>
- Site Builder » Navigation bar » New item: Enter name and the URL of your page as target URL, then Save
Page updated: 2022-10-05